Monday, August 23, 2010

Where else but .................... Queensland! 1.

View from our Hotel



How could I resist a photo of this, my Poppy's new nickname.



I am so in love with the popcorn swimmers. Apparently the result of 6 hours of hard work.


Today 2 weeks ago I was getting ready to board a flight from Melbourne to Brisbane. A few hours previously I had thrown the kids out of the car at my sister's and screeched away from the curb at lightening speed on my way to the airport. I didn't really, I actually got quite teary whilst they didn't seem to care that I would be away for 4 nights. Driving to Tullamarine Airport in the pouring rain and howling wind I started to feel the excitement of being family free and flying off into the distant sunshine.
I arrived in Brisbane and as I was collecting my bag and buying a rail pass to head south to the Gold Coast I was grinning like a maniac. I'm sure I got a few odd looks as the taste of freedom was upon me. I actually had to stop myself from singing aloud to all and sundry "I am free to do what I want any old time".
After a lovely train ride I was picked up at the station by an old school friend and we went to the pub. Yes that's right, the Pub...........in the afternoon! A night of laughter and way too much drinking followed and of course the mother of all hangover's the following day.
The next day I met my beautiful friend Sophie. She moved up north 18 months ago and although she visits us all down here I miss her heaps. We were lucky enough to be able to shop, drink, laugh and get lost together (navigating with a hangover is not my strong point!). Once again, not a child of ours in sight!!!!
Fortitude Valley is apparently the place to shop and among many amazing stores where I couldn't even afford a button I fell in love with Sole devotion.
The shoes in this store are heavenly. A little pricey but oh so gorgeous.

We also went to see the Valentino Retrospective.
More about that soon............

2 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Aaahhh, freedom...I remember those days. I think I need to plan a little weekend away pretty soon, everyone I know seems to be off on holidays...I love 'Poppy Cakes' too cute!

nadine paduart said...

i love views from hotels. almost bird's eye, and half of the time you don't even know what you're looking at...
well, speak for myself. I don't know what i'm gazing at... :)

My Blog List

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger